Create Yourself Through Dance
At A Glance
- Extremely high cost per professional dance lessons.
- Limited access to advancing to competitive dance.
- High cost for professional competition attire.
- Stresses of poverty & financial exclusion.
- No support from government for preparation of our Team USA.
Huge problems with youth sports in the US
Research shows that 50% of kids quit youth sports by age 11 and that 70% quit by age 13. A more recent study showed that that 76% of kids do not regularly participate a high calorie burning sports 2 . That’s nearly 80% of our kids missing out on the incredible benefits of youth sports. What a tragedy. Kids are quitting at a time in their lives when there is so much that youth sports can do for them and before they even have time to physically develop and reach their potential. Unfortunately, according to the kids, youth sports in their current state, just don’t have enough to offer.
While some sports are still relatively affordable for many kids to play, DanceSport is very expensive. The average family pays around $10,000/yr. for their children to participate in DanceSport. . As the cost of playing youth sports continues to rise, many children and families are being priced-out of the game. In families that make over $100k/yr., 68.4% of kids are actively participating in DanceSport. That number drops to 48% at $50k/yr. and again to 34% for those making $25k or less 5 . That is a 50% decrease as income drops.
Our program gives parents peace of mind by providing healthy, educational, and social benefits for their children to participate in professional athletics disciplines, while advancing their education, financial habits, and nutritional wellness. Our program encourages positive youth development and creates safe places within the community that are easily accessible for children of all abilities and backgrounds.
- Diverse and inclusive DanceSport ecosystem.
- Positive outlets for children affected by the opioid epidemic.
- Safe and healthy environments in our community for children to grow.
- Affordable athletic participation & training.
- Healthy place for children to develop.
- Opportunities for low-income children.
- Nutritional, mental, and physical wellness.
- Unique alternative education experience.
- Life-long mentorship and friendship.
Southern New Jersey
DanceSport Studio (DSS)
USA Dance, Local Community